Thread: Question:
View Single Post
Shansei Dilodius

Member Since Apr 2014
Default Apr 10, 2014 at 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowheretohide View Post
It's a damn shame that we couldn't have something better in common

Thanks for the post, man - I don't think most people here have problems like the ones I was talking about so it's good to know someone here can relate to it. You don't have to worry about talking about yourself too much, we are all here to discuss our issues and relate to each others issues and so forth and you post wasn't too long either.

I have a long, rich history of living in relative squalor and neglecting self-care, haha. I guess a lot of it probably good old fashioned depression and apathy but it seems like something else is at work too for various reasons...

I don't really ever feel "depressed" in the way of being sad and feeling like crying or whatever. More just like numb and apathetic and disconnected from other people. I know at least part of it is depression though.

Have you tried anti-depressants? Paxil has helped me with social anxiety and somewhat with depression in the past... I actually just started taking it again. It sounds like you're reasonably young and still have the drive and will inside of you to really make something happen with your life. If you can, get out there and do it! The older I get the more I realize that I pretty much have failed at my life. I know it's never too late and all of that, but it certainly doesn't get easier the older you get...
True my post wasn't that long actually,but I was under the impression it was huge when I was writing it!
I have had thoughts many times indeed about anti-depressants.I read about people who used anti-depressants and just felt great afterwards,that'd be nice.But then that would mean I'd have to convince some professional that I do need anti-depressants.If there's anything I hate it's trying to get people to pity me.Sounds like a pain to get .

You're right though I have to try and make something of my life!
I do really believe it's never to late to try and make something of your life,but for some reason I hold myself at a stricter standard as I do with everything.
I don't think I'd have the courage to go through life at let's say 25/26 I'm still living with my mother doing nothing all day.I have too much pride and I'm so intensely sensible to shame its just not possible.If it doesn't work out,I sign off.

Now I definitely don't mean life is not worth living if you haven't made something of yourself by 25,I don't want to discourage anyone,I just believe some people are stronger then others,I'm too weak,I'd be crushed by the pressure of what society wants me to be.
That's why I have so much respect for people who have been dragged down by life so much yet still have fire & hope in their hearts.
Shansei Dilodius is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote