View Single Post
redsquirrel
Newly Joined

Member Since Apr 2014
Trig Apr 12, 2014 at 11:41 PM

Hello to you,
A year ago my alcoholic ex husband was found by the police at home. I had left him 3 years earlier, and suffered crippling depression and breakdowns afterwards. He chose drink over everyone and everything. He had been dead for some weeks . I had to deal with everything just like I was still his wife. My boyfriend at the time started dating someone else soon after.

My point is this. How do you overcome guilt and the WHY? Therapy and anti-d's are in place and I am committed to them wholeheartedly. I live alone, 44, financially comfortable, plod on each day at work. I feel so so guilty. I have no desire to try to get back into life. I feel like a part of me died when he died. Why? Why did he let himself live like that? The self-neglect and squalor. Helping him was killing me, so I had to withdraw. After years of denial I had to finally put myself first, and now I live with the guilt of that. I feel too guilty to have a happy life.
Has anyone come to terms with overwhelming guilt surrounding a traumatic death? I wish you all warmth and comfort.
Thank you for reading

Last edited by FooZe; Apr 13, 2014 at 12:27 AM.. Reason: added trigger icon
redsquirrel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous200265, LaborIntensive, Stronger, TerryL