View Single Post
Altered Moment
Elder

Member Since Feb 2014
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 13, 2014 at 10:41 AM

I agree with both Trebyn and Hellion. I personally think it is harmless from my own experience and the experience of my friends. There are many drugs including pharmaceuticals that are much more harmful. I do believe that it has helped epileptics. For sure in small doses for anxiety or whatever it is going to be harmless at least in comparison to benzo's for example who have a whole bunch of problems.

All the evidence is mostly anecdotal though and based on peoples experience. that can be very powerful evidence but I like to look to the hard scientific data. There is not that much of that. All the big research institutions are afraid to touch it due to political reasons.

I know from my own use it caused memory problems and motivation problems when I was using. Like I said on the good stuff I could wander around all day at work looking for my tape measure in my hand. My co workers and I agreed no good stuff at work because we couldn't stay on task. I am more talking about heavy chronic use having harmful effects especially on a developing teen brain. i was a heavy chronic user as a teen and I have no idea if it effected my brain development.

There is conflicting info on it. They are mainly talking about heavy chronic use. There are some brain images going around that people who are against it post on face book and such. The jury is still out from a scientific point of view I think. If I thought it would help me I would smoke it and not worry about it. Maybe there is more risk with the AD's I am taking.

Heavy Marijuana Use Alters Teenage Brain Structure | Psychology Today
Quote:
In an alarming twist, the study found abnormalities in brain structure and also identified memory problems two years after the heavy marijuana users had stopped smoking pot as teenagers. The researchers found that memory-related structures in their brains appeared to shrink and collapse inward, reflecting a possible decrease in neuron volume. These findings indicate that there could be long-term detriments of chronic marijuana use as a teenage.
Heavy Marijuana Use Doesn't Damage Brain

Altered brain tissue composition in heavy marijuana users

Major Depressive Disorder
Anxiety Disorder with some paranoid delusions thrown in for fun.
Recovering Alcoholic and Addict
Possibly on low end of bi polar spectrum...trying to decide.

Male, 50

Fetzima 80mg
Lamictal 100mg
Remeron 30mg for sleep
Klonopin .5mg twice a day, cutting this back