View Single Post
crazycatlady_83

Member Since Apr 2014
Default Apr 13, 2014 at 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutlawedSpirit View Post
I think losing patience with my daughter is one of my first signs that I'm getting manic. It always makes me feel bad that I get upset with her over nothing.
That's usually my first sign. My youngest may be always clinging to me and wanting my attention, but most of the time it doesn't get to me. My oldest is almost 9, and he was 2 when I was diagnosed. So he's been through some stuff pre-diagnosis and in the beginnings when I was going through meds that weren't working. Even in the last few years, I've put him through more than he should have. I just get this thing were if we are out in town and they aren't listening to me, I just walk away...and most of the time I don't care if they follow me or stay behind. This actually happened earlier this evening, but I had my husband with me. Then I have a sunburn on my shoulder from a day of baseball games yesterday, and I had my purse straps on my shoulder. My youngest pushed my purse away from my body, pulling on the straps...I came unglued in the store! I was yelling at him louder than I like in public, but I have come to the point where I just don't care who is around or where I'm at. And then I make him sad, and under normal circumstances it makes me sad knowing I did that. But today, his pitiful face did not phase me at all. That's another sign that I'm getting manic. And I also will go out of my way to pick fights with my boys, which is beyond ridiculous but I do it anyways. I get some kind of satisfaction in making them cry and sulk in their rooms after I yell and take the xbox away.
And it's not just my boys...I'll pick a fight with my husband too, or at least have a very short fuse with him. This morning, he was complaining about his sunburn and I was turned around from him getting breakfast for the boys. I had some smart retort for him, and he ended up throwing and breaking at plate at the sink. I had a smart ***** remark for that, I believe the f-bomb was thrown, and I was instantly in a bad mood only an hour after waking up. I can't wait until tomorrow when I can call my pdoc and let him know what's been going on and see what he says. Hopefully I can just talk it out over the phone and avoid another office visit not even two weeks apart. But I have to do what he thinks would be best.
crazycatlady_83 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote