View Single Post
Tristan H.

Member Since Feb 2014
1 hugs
given
Default Apr 16, 2014 at 04:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepSoul View Post
I think this depends on the source of the tension. Sometimes a person's sex drive becomes very intense because of psychological issues that attempt to relieve pressure or act out through sexual activities/fantasies. When the major portion of the sex drive is perpetuated by psychological issues, then it is very unlikely that a person can hold it back for too long, without it causing more distress or other symptoms to appear as a result. Even with sex addicts who experience a temporary decline in physical desire, eventually the intense libido will return, and probably in a big way. It is natural for the mind/body to cycle up and down, even with addictions and psychological issues. However, most of the time, the sex addict is caught in the grip of his/her addiction, even if their libido is low. The addiction will still manifest in some way.
I can't say I'm able to identify with that, but if addiction is a means of coping with or escaping from something then it's common for one addiction to replace another. In that view it's entirely possible for someone to put an end to his sexual addiction but develop say a food disorder (this particular one is quite common with women I believe).
Tristan H. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote