View Single Post
Juliana
Grand Member

Member Since Mar 2007
Default Mar 14, 2007 at 05:26 PM

Thanks for all the positive posts. It's inspiring and gives me hope.

I actually have a "pseudo-date" on Sunday. My friend (former co-worker) and her fiance are taking me out for a birthday dinner and a guy I have a crush is going to come too. He actually has my previous job. He was replacement when I left. So, I got to know him a bit when he was working on contract in the office for a month and then when I trained him before I left for my new job. I think he may be interested in me too. My former co-workers all told me that it seemed that way to them. When we were working together, he went way out of his way to drive me home everyday. I recently found out that he struggled with PTSD in the past after getting robbed at gunpoint. That makes me feel more comfortable -- knowing that he has struggled with mental illness in the past too. So, I think there's a better chance that he wouldn't be judgmental if I eventually told him that I had agoraphobia and still struggle with panic attacks sometimes.

It has been so long since I've been interested in a guy, I'm quite inept. When I was younger, I socialized a lot and men asked me out a lot. I have never been in this particular situation before. I'm totally comfortable with him -- talking to him, etc. but I don't know how to let him know I'm interested in him beyond friendship. He seems quite shy and my friends have told me he would probably never have the confidence to ask me out because he wouldn't think I would be interested in him. According to my friends, we're in "different leagues." That doesn't matter to me, though. I know most women don't find him attractive, but I do and I'm extremely drawn to his personality and his sense of humour. I just enjoy being in his presence. So, how do I let him know that I have a romantic interest in him? Any advice? I think I'm too scared to just come out and ask him out on a "real" date.

Anyway, I feel that this occasion deserves a cute new outfit. Wish me luck! Any advice on how to let him know I'm into him would be appreciated. Advice on what I should wear would be welcome too.