View Single Post
ThanksForSharing

Member Since Apr 2014
Default Apr 19, 2014 at 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortandcute View Post
Is it really possible for people with bipolar to be okay without medication? I've gone without it for many years as I was totally against it. Sometimes I thought it was okay but that I just did not need it. But my life was total hell without medications. I've tried everything under the sun that was suggested to survive bipolar without it. But I was always a wreck. None of it ever worked. But then I hear people go on about how they don't need it, and they're fine without it, blah, blah, blah. I don't get it.
All I know is that both my hospitalizations occurred when I had serious anxiety/stress/sleep loss and wasnt on bipolar medication. After being relatively stable for years on meds and then encouraged by my PCP to try to attempt to not take bipolar meds, my life was upended after wigging out and being hospitalized the second time. Nobody likes meds but the risks of going without them are far too great for me. Many others on this forum seem to have the same experience and advice- taking your bipolar meds really helps. I wish you all the best.
ThanksForSharing is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
shortandcute