View Single Post
Maven
Pirate Goddess

Member Since Oct 2005
513 hugs
given
Default Mar 15, 2007 at 02:38 AM

Yeah, the douche thing was definitely an "ew" moment once I found out what it was. And yeah, they are nouns, not just verbs.

I actually didn't use tampons for most of my menstrual life. I think the first time was when I worked in a peep show, and you had to work even when you were on your period. Some girls simply used tampons as they were, some cut the strings, and some actually rolled up paper towels and used them. I was afraid of it getting stuck, so no way was I going to cut the string. I hated working while on my period.

They were difficult for me, because I wasn't "stretched," even though I wasn't a virgin. (I've had pain with intercourse ever since the beginning, but that's another topic.) It got easier to use them, though. Anyway, I quit using them after I quit work, and went back to pads. However, I've started using them again in the past months, because they're so much easier than having the mess. At first, I really had a hard time. I mean, I can't explain it, but after putting them in, I had this overwhelming emotional feeling, and I just wanted to cry. It's still a bit uncomfortable, but once they're in, I'm ok.

They say you can wear them up to eight hours, but I usually sleep more than eight hours, especially on my period (I generally sleep 10-14 hours on my period), so I switch to a pad when I go to bed. I hate having to deal with the mess when I get up, though.

I'm having my period right now, and when I first got it, and now when I get it (not the years in-between), I have it for three days or so, then it stops almost completely for about a day, and then it starts up again (which it just did a little while ago), very heavy and I usually suffer cramps (which I am now). It gets lighter over the next couple of days, of course, before stopping. Does anyone's period do this? When I was a kid, my doctor told me it was normal, but I didn't know anyone else whose did that.

Rayna, that's such a horrible story for a 15 year old! But it's a great story to share, because when these things happen, we feel like we're the only one in the world who goes through morbidly embarrassing stuff like that, but in sharing it, we see we all have mortifying moments. Thanks for sharing that!

If I had a dollar for every time I got distracted, I wish I had some ice cream.

Equal Rights Are Not Special Rights

Maven is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote