Thread: i'm not lazy?
View Single Post
phaset

Member Since May 2013
164 hugs
given
Default Apr 23, 2014 at 02:11 PM

I was told I was lazy all the time when I was growing up by my parents and teachers. I used to dread report card day and stay up for hours the night before worrying about it. My report cards were usually filled with negative comments, or at least could be taken negatively. At one point during junior high, the principal gave a speech that too many students were just doing enough to get by and I always felt this is what I was doing. My father would always tell me that I can't just coast through life.

My therapist would probably say the same as yours, but I still see myself as lazy. Looking at the definition of the word I don't see how I am not. I have a very hard time getting anything done. She keeps telling me that I've accomplished a lot by getting my degree and job. The person who did my psychological assessment in the fall said the same thing. I still see it as things that just happened by chance and I am still doing the bare minimum. In my ideal world I could just stay in my bed all day...

phaset is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote