View Single Post
lizzielight

Member Since Apr 2014
4 hugs
given
Default Apr 26, 2014 at 04:36 AM

Hi, my fear of dying is getting worse. I'm 34 now and it started when I was 29. Long road trips make it intensify. One time I had a panic attack in the car with my husband and he had to call an ambulance because I thought it was a heart attack- my heart was pounding and I didn't know what was going on. I didn't want to get into the ambulance and leave him- if I was going to die, I didn't want to be with people I didn't know. It scared him. He tried to understand as much as he could. That was back in 2011. Being in the car since that episode has been uncomfortable.
Sometimes I can't go to sleep because I think I will die in my sleep- I have these pressures in my chest and am dizzy. Anyone have a connection or have advice? I never used to worry about dying when I was in college and before, I just lived, worked and went on trips with my friends with ease. I seized the day back then but I had psychosis after a traumatic event in 2009 (thinking my family and friends hated me when of course they loved me. Anyway I want to make sure my recovery goes in a positive direction. Any thoughts?

Thanks

Psychosis- Recovery Stage, 5 years
Mild Agoraphobia
lizzielight is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Flummixed, lala-land123, SprinkL3