View Single Post
nummy

Member Since Oct 2013
152 hugs
given
Default Apr 26, 2014 at 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve223 View Post
It is possible to have any diagnosis along with asperger's so yes you can have asperger's and bipolar. The rate of other diagnoses is pretty low with serious autism. However, those with asperger's, like myself, often appear as typically developing and therefore due to the stress of trying to "fit" with society they like I have on some level, develop psychological health problems. Mine was believing I was a powerful, god-like alien from another world with incredible powers. The stress of knowing that you are unlike other people can push some into insanity, like it did with me to some extent. I would be willing to bet that for you the "mania" is probably a similar form of escape mechanism. I have not been diagnosed yet (although I am currently in the process) because it took a long while for people to see that I was truly different from other people and that I was having serious difficulties trying to fit myself into the cookie cutter mold of society
That's my issue, too. Same dough, different cookie cutter. Oh, yes, being on the outside does weaken what's already broken--or the other way around. I was just telling somebody there's nothing that having resilience wouldn't improve.
You have my empathy. Hard not to see how being an alien woukdnt fit in your life. Superpowers, even better, I guess. Good luck in the diagnosis.
nummy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote