View Single Post
(JD)
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2003
1,651 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 18, 2007 at 05:45 PM

I need to go find the recall number for the IAMS... that's what I have for my new puppy as per the vet!
#6269 4197 Select Bites is what he's been eating...well.. he quit eating well several days ago... but I thought it was due to his vet visits and recent deworming... but he turns his nose up at it.. so I wasn't going to buy it again.

UPDATE: I called the hotline, was on hold for 10 minutes and then the lady said they don't really have a full listing because the company doesn't really know how widespread the problem is YET> I called two other numbers but the centers aren't open yet. They are heavy HEAVY with the AD campaign though.. this affects a very small portion of the wet products and does not include and dry, sauces or ...I forget what... In this VOLUNTARY recall.

I'm taking the product back, keeping proof of purchase and if there is a class action suit, I think I'll join it. IAMS is a very high end food line and this is unacceptable! That I fed it to a puppy for good nutrition and that it may have damaged him in any way is really upsetting. (I'm not upset per se physically... doing ok on that front )

SINCE they really aren't sure of the nature of the problem, I would suggest NOT feeding any dog any of the wet products from any of those NAMED brands. Just my POV.

Believe in Him or not --- GOD LOVES YOU!

Want to share your Christian faith? Click HERE
(JD) is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote