Thread: Med Freak Out
View Single Post
Anonymous100125

Default May 14, 2014 at 10:36 PM

Okay. I have been taking Klonopin for about 20 years. A long time ago it helped my anxiety. At this point it doesn't really do much to help lessen anxiety BUT I am physically addicted to it. When I don't take the usual amount of k-pin I become extremely anxious, not to mention physically sick, achy, the whole benzo withdrawal mess.

My fairly new p-doc is insisting that the k-pin is causing me to be anxious (something about a rebound effect that comes from being on benzos for many years). He's prescribed Buspar and it's helping me, but p-doc insists the Buspar would help more were it not for the k-pin causing rebound anxiety.

SO. P-doc has scripted me with 1/2 the dose I'm used to taking. I've been afraid to drop the dose, but I'm going to run out of the k-pin before I can have it refilled. On top of it all, I'm having surgery in June (removing my right ovary because it has had a fairly large cyst on it for 8 years...my GYN says it's better to just remove the entire ovary at my age - 51).

I am fairly freaking OUT about reducing the k-pin. What to do...tell the p-doc exactly what's going on? Or...any ideas? I'm so-so about this p-doc...he's okay, but also rather odd and creepy. He's clearly fanatically opposed to benzos. Any ideas out there? Thank you~

Last edited by Anonymous100125; May 14, 2014 at 10:37 PM.. Reason: x
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
dreamsofflight