Poohbah

Member Since Jul 2007
600 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 15, 2014 at 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarStrike View Post
I cried myself to sleep last night, thinking about a hurtful thing my dad's fiance said to me while my dad was present. "You need to dress like a woman." But all of my clothes came from the female gender section of the shop. So what if you won't catch me in a dress or a skirt and I like wearing joggers and skinny jeans. So what if I like hoodies and geeky t-shirts. My dad agreed with her. She's so emotionally abusive and yet, it's at night when it hits me and I start sobbing silently. I'm a tomboy. It's who I am. But who I am is wrong in her eyes. Today I just moped around all day in college. I can still feel the impact of it all.
I can feel your pain. I'm the same way. Went through the same thing. Don't let anyone tell you who you are is wrong. If they can't see how wonderfully unique and beautiful you are when you are you its their loss. I'm not just saying that. Its something that I have to fight to believe (sometimes I still have issues). You just have to believe it for 1 minute at a time. (((((hugs))))) I had to cut my parents out of my life because of how they are, might be something to think about (not for everyone though). I wish you peace.

Tig

Hugs from:
nakitakunai

Thanks for this!
StarStrike