Thread: Question:
View Single Post
Restin
Veteran Member

Member Since Apr 2003
1 hugs
given
Default May 17, 2014 at 04:27 PM

Maybe this isn't quite my diagnosis, but I put on a great act of outgoing and chatty. But all the while I'm just faking connection with the other person or people. I try to be alone as much as possible and really do prefer it. I don't get lonely. In my private life I have Inner Child problems where my inner kid is very young, maybe 3 to 7. In therapy, I'm scared out of my socks. I'm afraid the T will just say to go take care of my kid and not bother her with it anymore. I haven't even been able to mention yet how much I love and need my therapist. But that is my true self below the fakery.

But I've read a lot on this, and I have faith that gradually my inner kid will allow care and approval from the T, and gradually will grow up. We don't have to review every rejection or neglect I ever had, but sufficiently in token form. I think that the final resolution of a Transference relationship is a place the patient arrives at and feels comfortable with. I would go over this with any new therapist to see if he or she ascribes to this nurturing kind of therapy.
Restin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote