View Single Post
FeathersInTheAir

Member Since May 2014
Default May 18, 2014 at 05:50 PM

hello to you all! I'm new here, and in this type of forum. In my teens, a psychiatrist diagnosed me with mild bipolar affective disorder 2 and depression. The family doctor now considers my personality traits as bpd, hence I am here.
My view on my situation is that I have feelings of exclusion from groups, I experience verbal abuse and take offence from it (i.e "you're stupid") and I remain still on how to react, I know little of what my behaviour should be in social gatherings and lack social skills, I have a fear of abandonment and divorced parents with dad absent in childhood, I have low self esteem and low problem solving and task optimization skills, I have 1 year of being single after an intense relationship and creating a new relation seems very difficult to me, and I have 1 year and a half of loosing a person I held very dear.
All of this bring me unhappiness and I find it hard to go by with them. I am medication free - always have been; smoking is my way of coping and integrating in groups.
I am here to find insight on the cause of my distress, acceptance, and new perspectives on how to deal with it by sharing life situations with people that go through similar things. I'd very much like to ask your opinion about situations I find hard to cope with, and I'd gladly give mine if anyone requires it, if that is acceptable to this forum.
I wish you all to have a great week and a good night sleep!
FeathersInTheAir is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote