Elder

Member Since Jan 2014
91 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 24, 2014 at 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaBegins View Post
This is something I've struggled with too - could have written every word you did. It's a really awful feeling - wanting to feel connected and like you matter to someone who matters to you mixed with guilt over taking them away from other things in their lives that "matter more than you" mixed with perhaps a small niggling doubt that you truly do matter or even should matter.

My (ex) t told me over and over again that he liked talking to me and that he wouldn't do it if he didn't. I can't say his reassurances always helped but he knew that and asked me to just try to sit with the idea that what he said was authentic and he wouldn't say something he didn't mean.

Yeah, I don't see myself as worth her time. And although she says it's okay, I don't like that I text her so much. I feel so guilty about it so often, and even though it's probably 10 (at most) minutes out of her day (I don't send many and I am counting the probable amount of thinking time as well), I feel like I am taking that when I don't deserve it. And then to hear that there was a problem because of a text I sent made me feel so terrible.

HazelGirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Aloneandafraid, AnnaBegins