View Single Post
1bleufem

Member Since Feb 2014
1 hugs
given
Default May 29, 2014 at 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOriginalMe View Post
My cycles began to change in my early forties and have been continuing erratically for the last 7 years. Your cycles may begin to change many years before your periods stop altogether, I'm not on BC so whatever bleeding I get is me and nothing else.
Last week I found a box of Tampax that I hadn't needed for a year, cos my periods have been much lighter recently, I put it away right at the back of the cabinet as I figured I wouldn't be needing them again. Today, I was soaking thru pads every couple of hours and cursing about not being able to find the Tampax. I love being a woman lol.
When I last spoke to my GP, he just said "You're 49 everything is normal!" When I spoke to a female GP today, she wasn't much help either, did I want a Mirena? and "You'll know you've reached the menopause when you haven't bled for a year, so as you are bleeding today then you are at least a year from it". Is it me or was that just about the most unhelpful comment a woman has ever made?
I am getting this crap too...We need to remember ladies that doctors are like lawyers in that we hire them and if they aren't the right fit for us, we should find another one.
I am going to a new one as soon as my insurance kicks in!

"Insanity runs in my family. It practically gallops."
~ Cary Grant

"I am interested in imperfections, quirkiness, insanity, unpredictability. That's what we really pay attention to anyway. We don't talk about planes flying; we talk about them crashing."
~Tibor Kalman
1bleufem is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote