View Single Post
IndestructibleGirl
Grand Poohbah

Member Since Sep 2013
804 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 02, 2014 at 06:10 PM

I have decided to take up the offer of the session offered to me by old T and go for closure. Are there any particular things I should remember about a closure session? I've not done this before, and don't want to leave with a more confused and unsatisfactory sense than before going in.

So - is there any structure I should I stick to to get the best out of it - like perhaps making a list beforehand and then whizzing through it in bullet point form to make sure I say absolutely everything I need?

How have your closure sessions gone, and do you have anything you wished you had known beforehand?

She sent me an email today, reiterating her offer of the session - as she hadn't received my reply - saying how she's becoming more boundaried with everyone, it's not personal, etc etc. Fair enough, but there's no option at all of contacting her in crisis anymore - I can't be the only client that will have been ruffled by this.. I'm not to email her at her old address, as she wants to keep it for personal use. Even that gave me a twinge of hurt. And she copied in the PA, which again hurt and I wonder has she been bcc'd into all emails for the last few months. Also it showed me that I'm jealous of the PA, because she got the job and I didn't. I remembered old T saying maybe she would turn out to be crap, and then perhaps I could take it over, on the day when she was telling me the clinic had hired this person. I think that was supposed to be her letting me down gently, but it was a daft thing to say.

I did something slightly stalkerish then, and googled this woman, just to see. She's a doctoral psychology student. I don't even know why I wanted to see her, I know I felt this same weird twinge when she left me the voicemail when old T was too sick to do it herself a couple weeks ago.

Also, she saved the stupid needy voicemail I left her at the weekend because she wasn't sure it was me as she can't understand it and doesn't recognize the voice as mine (my voice was nearly gone so very husky and croaky) and maybe I want to listen to it when I come in? I can't think of anything worse, frankly. And the pointed out that she's making an exception to see me tomorrow night. Which is nice, but I feel embarrassed about that too.

How many cares one loses when one decides not to be something but to be someone
~ Coco Chanel

One is not born, but rather becomes, a woman
~ Simone de Beauvoir
IndestructibleGirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
AllyIsHopeful, Aloneandafraid, Anonymous35535, Bill3, growlycat, rainbow8, RTerroni

Thanks for this!
Aloneandafraid