Thread: mmm sex
View Single Post

Default Mar 30, 2007 at 07:22 PM

> I understand where you are coming from and I use to be there myself, but over time and with some education on the subject I have since changed my POV...

Yeah. I used to think that there wasn't anything wrong with sex toys etc (with respect to what it was and was not okay for ME to do) but with some of this thinking about objectification and the way our bodies acquire physiological responses to new stimuli and the way our bodies experiences affect our desires I have since changed my POV.

(I just mean to say that 'education on the subject' can lead one to either conclusion, perhaps).

> I speak of this from personal experience, and not that of just mere words of another.

I don't see the problem that people have with what they regard to be the 'mere words of another' when those words have been informed by experimental data (often times the collection of many peoples reports of experiences)...

With respect to the notion that 'what goes on behind closed doors between a man and a woman that is married is between them and completely blessed from above - IF both partners are in total agreement'. Do you think that there are certain acts that someone could not give proper agreement to? I guess I'm thinking of cases such as... The guy in germany who put an ad in the paper because he wanted to find somebody he could kill and eat. Somebody gave his consent and so that was done. I don't want to get hung up in that particular case but I guess I'm wondering whether you think that there might be some acts that one is simply unable to give informed consent to do (e.g., if one partner wanted to severely hurt the other would it be possible for the other party to want to be severely hurt and give informed consent for it to be done with gods approval?)

> we are just trying to help by letting you know how we personal feel and by what we do sexually with adult toys so that you will know that it is normal and not feel as though it is perverted.

'Perverted' is a very strong word. It isn't one I would have used. With respect to 'normal' I don't know whether it is statistically normal or not... I've never cared much for 'normality' in that sense, however. It is more about optimal or ideal. The kind of person I want to be... Do I want to encourage my body go 'get off' on objectifications? Not really. I appreciate that people who choose to use toys often don't see what they are doing in that way. I'm just explaining why it is that I've made the personal decision not to use them, however.

Anyway... The point of the thread was kind of about finding a real live man...

I kinda found a candidate... Then realised that maybe I didn't really want one after all. Nothing happened. Doing alright... Hanging in there...
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote