View Single Post

Default Mar 31, 2007 at 06:45 AM

That sounds like a good decision, to wait and see for now.

Crap I wish we'd just all win the stinking lottery so we could not have to deal with the gate-keepers.

My work recently helped solve the insurance issue some. They took it away. Not entirely, but in a month we will switch from a nice PPO plan (network providers, copays, Rx coverage) to a catastrophic plan with a $3000 individual/$6000 family deductible. After that if you stay in network the insurance kicks in. Now I have to have $$ for every doctor visit, lab, Rx. I had Whiple surgery last summer (part of my pancreas and small intestine removed) and getting sick again is something that worries me a lot. It makes me so mad that they took away the peace of mind that comes with having good insurance. It's like a $3000 salary reduction. For the families it is worse because no one in the family gets reimbursed until that entire $6000 deductible is met. Look out, as this is a major insurance company (UHC) and this is the plan their own employees are on!!! I sincerely hope this is not a trend. It is devastating.

ECHOES
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote