View Single Post
InRealLife45
Poohbah

Member Since Jun 2014
48 hugs
given
Default Jun 07, 2014 at 04:24 PM

I've been seeing my therapist for exactly two years. She recently opted out of medicare so that another client could get reimbursed by her insurance, which resulted in her being dropped from MY insurance, bc she has to accept medicare in order to see me.

Basically they made a mistake and didn't notice what she had done for a year, but now they noticed and called to tell her she cant see any of her client with my insurance anymore.

So she EMAILED me and basically said;

"Sorry I made a mistake in opting out of your insurance, I wish I could have seen you in person to tell you, but unfortunately that's not possible, if you want to continue with me it will be $120 a session. Think about it and let me know."

But I'm on SSDI- there's no way I could begin to afford $120 a session once a week (and I've been going twice a week for the two years I've been seeing her.)

Is this typical for a therapist to do? Bump the price up completely out of reach for long term clients and say pay this or goodbye? I feel like shes doing this bc she knows I cant pay it, and its a way to get rid of me.

I don't know what to do.
InRealLife45 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Travelinglady