View Single Post
biiv
Poohbah

Member Since Jun 2006
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 01, 2007 at 02:38 PM

just a quick note to reinforce that beauty is entirely society driven. in africa i had a waitress come up to my table just to tell me i had 'very big hips'. then she left and i sat there with my jaw on the table until i realised she meant it as a compliment. i spoke to her again later and told her if someone said that to me in europe it would be a huge insult but thank you for the compliment. she had no idea! lol.
plus an aside and i dont know if its relevant or not but when my mum was 50, also in africa, a young guy came up to her on the beach when she was in her bikini and stopped her just to tell her she was the most beautiful (my mum started to smile) OLD woman he d ever seen. hehehe. poor mum had no idea what to think feel or do!
sooooo forget what other people think. its about being healthy and feeling good in your own skin. my theory is sort all my mental health issues and my body will automatically feel good to me. then i can feel confident showing off as much or as little as i feel like on a given day. because i will know who i am.
but then... sort all my mental health issues??? what am i thinking??? sometimes it feels that by the time i get that done i ll be six feet under so it really wont matter what i look like or what i wear! lol
biiv is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote