View Single Post
Fresia
Wandering soul

Member Since Apr 2010
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 10, 2014 at 09:16 AM

I made an appointment with the GP with my previous, most recent diagnosis codes in hand from my pdoc and T, whom I have been with 11 and 4 years respectively. We had in interesting conversation. I just asked him how he came up with the diagnosis in that we never even discussed my MH or history during the visit, only the meds I was on. It turned out he assumed from a particular med that I was taking that diagnosis that he put and actually apologized for assuming. It was a mistake on his part that he corrected right there in his office rectifying the record.

I was surprised that 1. he admited the mistake, and 2. that he was willing to correct it. He even resent it to the insurance so that it would be accurate too. I appreciated this. He then proceeded to ask me about how I was doing, which considered to be a nice gesture on his part, that despite what happened if I need anything he is willing to help, and later, he thanked me for bringing this to his attention.

So not only did this go surprisingly well and was appreciated, I also so much appreciated your support in this. I have a fear of authority figures, like physicians (to me at least), so to talk to him about this was no easy task. Thank you for your support, help, and insights in to the system.

I hope this finds you well and take good care meanwhile.

I can be changed by what happens to me. But I refuse to be reduced by it. -M.Angelou
Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. -Anaïs Nin.
It is very rare or almost impossible that an event can be negative from all points of view.
-Dalai Lama XIV
Fresia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
happiedasiy, pegasus

Thanks for this!
pegasus