View Single Post
almondjoy

Member Since May 2014
31 hugs
given
Ooo Jun 11, 2014 at 01:25 AM

Yes, you read it correctly. And no, I didn't just find out I've been taking a medication I had no idea about. Here, it's called Epilim. I knew they were similar, but I couldn't find anything online about it being the same as depakote, until I read something recently and put 2 and 2 together. I know it sounds silly, but I just had no idea. So today I saw my pdoc and he confirmed that in the US, it is known as Depakote.

The only reason I'm on it is because the Seroquel was debilitating for me and I couldn't work, then I got sick on Lamictal (even starting on 12.5mg, but it's possible it was just coincidence I got sick at the same time). The last resort was Lithium, and I didn't want to go there.. So Epilim..aka, depakote.. Was the only option to get me stable.

I haven't read many good things about it, and I do want to have kids in a few years..... Pdoc wants me off the depakote ASAP, possibly by adding in Lamictal slowly when I start stabilising more and seeing how I go.. And eventually tapering off the depakote. It could be 6-12 months before I'm stable though...

Is it really THAT bad? I know someone who's been on it for 15 years and she is in a high position at work, functions well, in a good physical condition.. So I just want to be a bit more educated on it...

Thanks
AJ

Say you're with me,
There's gold ahead, there's golden dreams
In life's hills and valleys,
So will you hold on with me?
almondjoy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote