waiting4
Grand Member

Member Since Dec 2013
981 hugs
given
Default Jun 11, 2014 at 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nat92 View Post
So, in about 2 weeks it'll be 5 months since my ex left me and I haven't exactly gotten any wiser.

As someone who always helps others, gives the advice that aids them with moving on and getting better - but never taking it myself.

I come to you guys, seeking help.

We spoke a bit after the break up, but it didn't last because I wouldn't be able to move on while staying in contact, so I left him a long message explaining why and deleted him, removed him, blocked him from everything.

This is about 3 months ago and until a few days ago, I was doing OK. I was moving on or trying to, taking my mind off things but I still missed him and still do miss him.

I get these periods, where a memory somewhat completely overtakes me, I feel it reply, I feel what I felt in that moment and it's nice but scary too. A kiss, I feel as if it just happened and I get the butterflies and everything...

I don't know where it comes from, because I feel that I'm in no way suppressing these feelings. I don't think about him all the time, I can focus on something else.

I feel more than ready to move on, but it's like my heart doesn't want to.

I fear I may be on my way to become one of those crazy ex's who's in denial and who tries to keep holding onto the past.

I don't want to turn crazy.

And I'm starting to realize that a part of me may be holding onto an old picture of my ex, that the last day I visited him, may have been the day he knew he was going to leave me and that he didn't love me anymore.

And I lived in this illusion of what we were.

I just really fear that I'm turning myself into this insane ex.

I'm not wanting to contact him, but I miss him.

How can I move on? I'm really trying, so so so hard.
I'm so sorry you're going through this, and you're not going crazy. It's totally natural, after a long relationship, to have those flash backs. I ended my months ago...have not contacted him but still, once in awhile it creeps up on me. Memories we shared...the last time I saw him...last kiss...everything, for no reason at all and I feel like I'm right back where I was. I miss him too. But.....after the 'flutterbyes' are over, I realize I'm still here...where I need to be and that it's just one more step away from him. That's why it sometimes feels scary.

It's been only a few months for you...please don't be so hard on yourself. You're doing wonderfully, you have to keep telling yourself that, and you deserve someone who loves you, and who won't leave you. All the things you've done thus far to distract and move on ARE working...its just that our minds sometimes are wired to look back...in moments of stress (sometimes we don't even know we're stressed) or just in moments of recognition that it HAS been months.

Hang in there. It does get better, I promise.

Sometimes the opening of wings is more frightening than the challenge against gravity. Both make you free..............the secret is perception.
waiting4 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Nat92

Thanks for this!
anneo59, healingme4me, Nat92