Thread: Friend Issue!
View Single Post
Anonymous12111009

Default Jun 12, 2014 at 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grinch11 View Post
You are absolutely correct. I do think I have a very big issue with her cheating. Of course she tries to justify it by saying her husband did it to her.
The age old excuse of cheaters is to direct the blame on the person they are supposed to be commited to. I'm sorry but if someone hurts you, doesn't live up to your expectations or otherwise does not give you a license or justification for cheating. It's the most common behavior with cheaters because they know from the get go that they are in the wrong and need this deflection of blame so that they can remain in denial that they are simply, dishonest, deceitful adulterors. NO one drives anyone to doing something wrong, you always have free will and choice to do the right thing or not.

Quote:
And therefore lead her down this very path. She had chosen this path and needs to see it thru. I think the best I can do is remain cordial and for my work sake and try my level best to stay clear. I feel bad that she may go thru this alone but there isn't much I can do right now.
Thank you for your response.
The best path for her is to go it alone, the only way she'll know the consequences (friends being distant, losing support network) will she be able to really realize it's NOT ok. If people look the other way, support her adultery and double life, she will be enabled to continue doing it.

Glad you're seeing you should step away from this. I do agree not getting in her face or having standoffs with her, considering that you work together is a good idea.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
grinch11, waiting4