View Single Post
biiv
Poohbah

Member Since Jun 2006
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 03, 2007 at 12:00 PM

hmmmm... attraction is very different to beauty though. attraction to me comes from more than physical appearance. honestly. its about body language and whatever else as well. for me im more often attracted to people who arent what is called objectively beautiful. but also even by kindergarden images of what is considered beautiful are already very well embedded in a childs subconscious.
thats just my relatively uninformed opinion based to a large degree on personal experiences though.
i actually find the mechanics of attraction absolutely fascinating. i wonder where it really comes from and, since there seems to be 'bad' attraction and 'good' attraction it opens a whole quesiton of whether you can 'create' attraction through, for example, changing thought patterns and fundamental conceptions about how people interact. if someone who has been abused is attracted to abusive people and can then turn that around through therapy so they are attracted to more healthy relationships what are the boundaries of this possibility? can we 'talk' ourselves into being attracted to any sort of person we want to be? if so to what extent does society manage attraction as well as the concept of beauty? ok might have gone off topic a bit. just thinking out loud. sorry! too much rambling in my head.
thanks for starting me thinking rhapsody.
biiv is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote