View Single Post
SkyWhite

Member Since Apr 2014
329 hugs
given
Default Jun 16, 2014 at 10:08 AM

It sounds like 2 things could be happening.
1. Saying the words makes it real and can cause us to relive it, which can be terrifying.
2. With any type of abuse done in secret, the child is told to not tell anyone, ever! Now when we try to get help and tell our story, we're afraid to verbalize it because the warning "don't ever tell" is still ringing in our psyches. We would have felt our very lives were in danger never mind the loss of their "love." The psychosomatic laryngitis is completely understandable.

Rather than call a hotline, maybe you could talk to your T who is prof trained to deal with this. Let him know you want to talk about your abuse, but he's not to respond in anyway, just listen. I think this will help you get used to talking about it in a safe environment. When I finally told my abuse story I regressed back to that 4 yr old girl for about a minute. I was still afraid, but because I trusted my T (he spoke to me like I was a little kid) I was able to become adult again and discuss it. That was one of the weirdest things I've ever experienced but very healing.

Thanks for this!
tinyrabbit