View Single Post
Anonymous100305

Smile Jun 18, 2014 at 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unguy View Post
Understanding The Avoidant Personality | Caregivers, Family & Friends

After reading this article posted on the PsychCentral home page today, I realized the extent to which I am avoidant. In particular, the last two descriptions describe me perfectly. I know I am on the computer too much to avoid leaving my apartment. I use PsychCentral as an alternative to going out and meeting people. And, I know that I am very lonely but do not trust my social skills. People just don't seem to like me because I often don't speak up or say the wrong thing because I am too nervous and cannot think of anything right to say other than trite things. I also wished that I enjoyed the company of other people. It's further complicated by my bad experiences and c-PTSD which causes me not to trust people. I am at a loss of what to do.
Hello Unguy: I just thought I would say that I spend almost 100% of my alone time (I am married & my wife works) on the computer... allot of it here on PC. I can't say I've ever really enjoyed the company of other people. And so, at this point, I just prefer to be alone. However, if you want to get out & meet people, I'd suggest some kind of small group activity such as a support group or some type of volunteer activity. If I were going to try to get out more, this is the type of thing I would do. I'm not...
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
JadeAmethyst