View Single Post
nowheretorun
Account Suspended

Member Since Mar 2003
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 11, 2003 at 11:50 PM

Really love that story Frances, (the river), sums it up well. I will try to keep it in mind Your writing reminds me so much of a lady I was brief friends with. We worked at the same place for a short time, but there was a connection between us. We didn't get time to know each other, but after we had each left the company, I found myself running into her randomly, over and over again. She was engaging, wise, intelligent and fascinating. And yes, different from anyone else I knew. That's what made her special. She too seemed to have difficulties because of her difference, but we never really discussed it. One time when I saw her I was doing some business and heard my name called from a distance. I looked up, and there she was, sitting in the grass, watching her cat play. I went over and ended up talking with her for about an hour. Later, I answered an ad in the paper for a room-mate. Going over to meet this person, it turned out to be her. We talked again for some time. She offered me the room, but I chose a different place instead. Some months later, we ran into each other at a fuel stop. Exchanging numbers, we promised to stay in touch. She didn't live in the same city anymore, but incredibly, several times when she came to town, we'd bump into each other at the same location, again and again. I always thought there was something strangely mystical about it. Talking with you is little different than talking with her, and you both have such a unique personality. I can hear her voice when I read your words. Just something I thought I'd share. Thanks again for the beautiful story

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but rising every time we fall." Confucius
nowheretorun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote