Founder & Your Host
Community Support Team
Chat Leader

Member Since May 2001
178 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 06, 2007 at 07:28 AM

It's been awhile since we've done a fund drive for a specific member, but we think we found one in great need.

Many of you recognize the name inkblot, as she was once a more prolific poster here than of late. And that's for a reason as her situation has gone from "pretty bad, but making the best of it," to as worse as you can imagine. She doesn't like labels, so I won't apply one to her, but she has basically managed her life from her car for the past I don't know how long... 2 years? at least...

Unfortunately, time has caught up with her in terms of past bills due and now all of her belongings are going to be up for sale at the storage place she rents. She's recently applied for SSDI and I hope that comes through, but in the meantime, one of her only ways of connecting with the rest of the world, an economical cell phone, has also been cut off.

I know inkblot from her many years here, and know she is a good, kind person who ordinarily would *never* ask for help like this. But sometimes, you just have no where else to turn.

In that vein, and in the giving spirit of this holiday season (if you celebrate Easter), I'd please ask you to consider donating to the Inkblot Community Fund which is open from now until Wed., April 18. Donations can be accepted by one of two ways:

Via Paypal to: john@grohol.com

(donations email address is temporarily down...)

or by check or money order to:

John Grohol
PO Box 5464
Bradford, MA 01835

Make checks out to me and I'll pass along the same amount to Inkblot.

We'll kick it off with a donation of $200.

Thank you for your support!!
John