View Single Post
Mrs. Mania

Member Since Jun 2014
866 hugs
given
Default Jun 25, 2014 at 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroreco View Post
This somewhat concerns me. I feel as if I have no emotion. I mean, it's there, but blurry and vague, as if at the back of my mind and I forgot to get it in one point of my life and am now unable to. With my emotions in the back of my mind, I can still.. I don't know. It's as if I can tell what I am /supposed/ to feel, but I don't and can't. When in a social setting, I can tell the signs and act upon them, but if alone, I can't bother. For example, if someone tells me good news about me, I know I should be happy (no duh, Sherlock), but I don't feel it at all. But I try to act as grateful as I can. One example I witnessed right now is that I lost the complete text I wrote for this thread, so close to publishing it. It didn't phase me. I stopped caring. It's as if having emotions is too exhausting. I sound pathetic even to myself. But this doesn't mean I'm completely feelingless. My dominant emotions seem to be excitement, frustration, irritation, nervousness, and... that's about it, I suppose. This somewhat concerns me. Am I broken?
I felt like that when I started Depakote, it's a scary feeling. Are you on any new meds?
Mrs. Mania is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote