View Single Post
ktron007

Member Since Jun 2014
Default Jun 27, 2014 at 04:22 AM

My husband and I got married 3 months ago but have been together for over 5 years. I'd say things were good for maybe 3 or 4 weeks after the wedding. He's been out of a job for about 4 months now which I feel is the real reason things are horrible. He's been really depressed about this for quie some time.
The catalyst for him attacking our relationship is something I'm not proud of. A few weeks after getting married we were having an argument about his job search. He confided in me that he really didn't want my advice but really wanted me to console him through this. Since I was already angry I shot him down. I feel embarrassed and horrified to come to the realization that I wouldn't console someone I love. I didn't think it was a big deal at the time, but for him, someone who has always had a hard time trusting emotionally, it was the worst thing I could have done. That moment brought every fight, every hurt feeling center stage. And now he questions our entire relationship, which I won't exaggerate was a phenomenal relationship up to this point.
I've been trying everything I can to make things right. I've apologized more times than I can count, we're going to couple's counseling and he is going on his own too. I've tried giving him the space he wants, being optimistic but it's met with nothing.
We frequently talk about what's going on but it normally ends with me being hurt that the man who was head over heels for me the past 5 years can so suddenly feel so cold towards me. I'm having a hard time hanging on. Please help.
ktron007 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote