View Single Post
Perna
Pandita-in-training

Member Since Sep 2006
550 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 29, 2014 at 03:43 PM

I have felt that way 2-3 times in various illnesses in the past for up to 2-3 months and remember how difficult it was to think of maybe having to live with it forever. Have you rank ordered your various pains/illnesses and tried to affect just one particular one? When I am desperate for sleep and cannot because of the pain of my arthritis or my neck/shoulder/arm pains, etc. I get up anyway and change position, distract myself, have something to eat and drink (drinking enough water, not something I like to do, often seems to make a difference) and go to the bathroom, and sometimes that can make all the difference. Sometimes just being up an hour and a half, wearily doing stuff online can wear me out or I'll be too cold (I have to keep the AC down for my asthma or I cannot sleep) and that and the weariness will top the lingering pain, etc. Things keep shifting and arranging themselves the best they can and I try to help with trying different diets, medicines, exercises, vitamins/supplements, time in the sun, etc.

I cannot have my blood pressure taken at the doctor's because the cuff is excruciatingly painful and shoots my pressure up over 200/100, making it "useless" but found a wrist cuff works, bought an expensive one, checked it alongside my doctor's at his office and now I bring in a list of 2-3 weeks worth of multiple daily readings each quarter when I go see the doctor. Playing with the blood pressure readings, trying to see what makes them higher, if I can make them go lower, etc. has taught me a couple things about myself and my health, etc. that has come in handy for me, helped me feel better overall and more in control.

Hugs from:
jk2833, possum220

Thanks for this!
demonicAngel