View Single Post
AAAAA
Elder

Member Since Oct 2007
1 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 10, 2014 at 09:12 AM

Well as an update, the baby is on a new formula and that seems to be helping but its early days. The Doctor was in the process of explaining why my grandson wasn't a "reflux baby" and that it was just one of those things when, bless him he threw up all over twice. So he's a "silent reflux".

But I could absolutely KILL my daughter today. She forgot some paperwork at home and asked me to run it to her at work. Keep in mind she's a mental health professional that deals with people like me all day long.

One of my MAJOR triggers is going somewhere I'm not familiar with. So I say text me the address. She says mom it's so easy you just... Ok, text me the address. Mom, its less than five minutes from the house. Ok, do I go toward Shopko or Dairy Queen? Dairy Queen. Text me the address.

15 minutes later I get a phone call from my daughter. I answer the phone that I do not want to talk to her right now, I'm almost back to where I started. Now text me the address!!! She sent me in the wrong direction, not only do I go toward Shopko, I PASS IT!!!!!

Not only is this an issue for my anxiety, which caused me to have one of the biggest attacks I've had in a long time, but I've got to hold it together because I have an infant in the vehicle, but my OCD is off the charts because I HAD a route that I was comfortable with if she'd simply said "go past Shopko and..."

She doesn't listen!!! Over the years I've learned to make my needs clearly known. The Nav system has been one of the most freeing device this century (provided it works). There was an episode on the way to his Neurologist appointment a month ago. Right or left? Not toward that airport. Right or left? Not toward the airport. Well I'm not heading to the airport so it's not even on my radar right now, there is a fork in this freeway, we are traveling at 75 miles per hour. RIGHT OR LEFT?

I explained to her later that I boil this down to the simplest terms. The airport reference means nothing to me because in that moment, my brain does not process that this exit is named for the airport. I need a simple answer to a simple question.