View Single Post
Altered Moment
Elder

Member Since Feb 2014
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 14, 2014 at 08:05 AM

I have often totally given up and stopped caring altogether. I prayed every night I would die in my sleep. There was no use in trying as nothing was working. It seemed I had lost all hope.

Yet somehow someway, not even in my awareness, was a little hope. There had to be because I at least reached out for help eventually. To my family the last major one because I was terrified I would be homeless. if I were homeless it would be game over for me. I would hit the delete button as Skeezer says. Somehow always in the past with a little prodding I have been able to call and get an appointment to get professional help one more time. Just the act of reaching out made things a little better usually. The last time I went through the motions for my families sake but I didn't think anything would change. I told my family there is nothing they can do besides adjust my meds or try me on a new one and that ain't gonna work. Well actually it did end up working.

I am doing good as of right now but I am scheduled to start therapy again. I am trying to prevent the next big one but I have no doubt another one will come as it always has.

Major Depressive Disorder
Anxiety Disorder with some paranoid delusions thrown in for fun.
Recovering Alcoholic and Addict
Possibly on low end of bi polar spectrum...trying to decide.

Male, 50

Fetzima 80mg
Lamictal 100mg
Remeron 30mg for sleep
Klonopin .5mg twice a day, cutting this back
Altered Moment is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote