View Single Post
5ugarMagnolia

Member Since Jul 2014
Default Jul 15, 2014 at 10:28 AM

I forgot to mention that I as well hate phones. I literally cannot call people. My phone rings only a few times a month and even that drives my anxiety through the roof. I am going to try and email one more time. Shorten it up and put a bow on it. Thanks for the advice. I wish you didn't hate the phones as I do, but its sometimes refreshing to hear hat you're not the only one

[QUOTE=Jaybird57;3874948]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ugarMagnolia View Post
I basically don't want her to get my request twice and be like 'urgh, it's that girl who left me that long old message again...get the hint'. QUOTE]

I can really relate to this angst. I don't know about you, but I hate using the phone. Every therapist I've ever worked with has been contacted through email. Love, love, love email! But I've also had to come to grip with the fact that not all therapists like email. It's actually something that has helped me "rule out" a therapist due to them not being on the same page as I am. It's fine if she doesn't like email, but the relationship probably wouldn't work for us because of that fact. So, I'd move onto the next person. Like you, I also skipped putting in my phone number. Mainly because I wanted our first contact to be via email.

If you really like this therapist based on her web page, I'd suggest that you send another email simply stating that you hadn't heard anything back from her and wondered if she was accepting new clients. I wouldn't resend the lengthy email with the description of what is going on for you. If she didn't get the email, she'll probably respond back.

PS. I had one therapist respond back that she preferred talking on the phone with new potential clients. I responded back that I was in a living situation that didn't afford me any privacy for that conversation. I asked to book an initial appointment for us both to meet and decide if we "connected". She was agreeable to this set up. It's fine not to feel you need to "call" if that isn't something you're not comfortable with.
5ugarMagnolia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote