View Single Post

Default Apr 11, 2007 at 09:23 PM

hey. there are various things that affect our mood. physiological things in particular. the day after drinking (even if i don't feel hung over) i tend to feel dull and lethargic and 'blobby' and if i'm not careful i get myself wound up into a state where things really suck. if you are in the habit of regular exercise and you stop a similar thing can happen (part of that is about your body withdrawing from the natural opiates that are circulating in your brain with exercise). the kinds of foods i eat have quite an impact on my mood too (carbs comfort but can leave me feeling depressed and we all know coffee tends to increase anxiety).

drinking lots of water and exercising are meant to be great 'natural' ways of keeping things in check. exercising can help stretch out those muscles that are cramping.

part of it is probably trying to keep some kind of track of where you are at with respect to your period. sometimes just knowing that your mood is affected by that helps because you know it will pass in a couple days. a way to vent the anger (that might help) is some kind of exercise. kickboxing or running or something like that. it might be... that the anger is your bodies way of telling you to exercise??
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote