Thread: Education
View Single Post
moon66

Member Since Dec 2013
Arrow Jul 16, 2014 at 08:59 PM

I want to go to a community college and I already know what major I want to go into. The problem is I had a lot of issues in my past with high school. I graduated with a Diploma. My worries are that I'm not prepared enough. I have past memories that can make me angry. Someone told me that this is a new chapter in my life and it's hard to believe completely.

I will also be driving to and from the college and I'm a good driver. Also the major I picked is realistic and the college I feel is realistic too. I do question if I have a learning disability and had a Neuropsychological evaluation done. The group that I'm seeing currently does not believe I have a learning disability.

My other issues is I do not know what accommodations to ask for such as a note taker. I do believe I might need tutoring. I also do not have close friends and I would be stepping into a college where I don't know many people. I would also say that the way I am currently is a lot better than in the past. Does an IQ really matter or not?

I also took a placement test in the past and decided not to attend. I believe I did well in reading and not so well in mathematics. The major I'm going for isn't drenched in mathematics. The other issue I have is waking up consistently since I will have to transport myself to and from on time. I also do have some OCD issues and I have confidence issues with education. I'm worried and I feel that I do have negativity as well since my past was not good.
moon66 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous37970