View Single Post
AppalachianAxis

Member Since Sep 2012
45 hugs
given
Default Jul 19, 2014 at 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by growlycat View Post
I definitely empathize with your situation, just remember that an affair doesn't just hurt her, it will hurt your kids more.

Bill's suggestion is a good one.
I have to agree with this. I'm not sure if you've mentioned if you have a family beyond your wife who would be affected by this decision, but if you do, tread lightly.

I of course cannot speak for your own situation, but this is all just from my point of view. I'm 21, I still live with my parents during vacations and on-and-off during school seasons. I don't ask private questions, but it's not hard at all to see that my mother has little to no interest in sexual activity and that this is frustrating to my father, who has always been a bit...lascivious. If my father ever, EVER, had an extra-marital affair he would be dead to me. I would absolutely disown him as a father for being so selfish, my affection for him would be utterly erased. I cannot overstate how furious and un-loving I would be towards him because of how much he focused on one aspect of himself, instead of all aspects of our family.
Thankfully, the chances of that happening are next to none, so no worries there. All I'm saying is, take into account how this will affect others.

Last edited by AppalachianAxis; Jul 19, 2014 at 03:40 PM..
AppalachianAxis is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
growlycat

Thanks for this!
Bill3, growlycat