InRealLife45
Poohbah

Member Since Jun 2014
48 hugs
given
Default Jul 22, 2014 at 03:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asiablue View Post
I wondered how people deal with the intensity of the relationship between you and your T. Did any of you sense the relationship deepening at any point? How did you cope with it?

I've been seeing my therapist for 9 months now. We get on really well ( mostly ) She is very competent, keeps good boundaries whilst managing to be very supportive. In the past maybe 2-3 months I feel like she's really become more caring, more protective. We've been on a two week break this month but effectively I've not had contact with her for 3 weeks and she knew I was worried about the break and both weeks she sent me a card saying she was thinking about me, that she hoped I was looking after myself and that she'd see me soon. It was such a lovely gesture. Her message was so reassuring and full of warmth and she signed off both times " fondest wishes" This was new because usually she writes "best wishes on any correspondence which always seems a bit formal, so I was thrilled that she wrote what she did in the cards.

In one of our sessions before the break she spoke about her love and care for me and my worry that her new job meant she wouldn't have enough of it to go around. But I'd never said that to her, i have never expected love from her, I'm not sure I even want that, i was more worried she'd burn out or not have time for me. But her use of the word " love" freaked me out and I ended up sending a huge angry text afterward basically rejecting her and her "love". I told her I didn't want it or need it ( LIE ) At the next session we spoke a little bit about it and she said maybe it was too much too soon for me.

I dunno, I'm just freaking out over how much she seems to care about me. How much care she shows me. It's nice, really nice and everyone wants to be loved don't they? But It confuses me, why does she care so much? Or does she not really and this is some therapy trick to get me to attach to her? Am I reading the signs wrong?
Right now it almost seems like a honeymoon period for both us... and that can't last. It's nice and exciting and I'm super flattered to feel that cared about but it feels really intense and scary and unreal...

Help!

::singing loudly with an american accent:: mummy luff, mummy luff, it's that mummy lufffffff.

Ok so I'm done singing. With my T when I felt it deepening I panicked and pushed her away and here we are in this shithole relationship now.

I think your T is very genuine and you should enjoy her while she loves you so much, bc any day she could become evil T who has insane rules and doesnt like you anymore, much less love you." live in the NOW, Asia. Live in the now. If you dont want her hugs, package them up and send them to me.
InRealLife45 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote