View Single Post
Oryan

Member Since Apr 2007
Default Apr 14, 2007 at 01:32 PM

I've been staying away from sugary foods on this diet with no forseeable end.

I know sugar triggars insulin rushes which in turn stops fat cells from releasing its stores and also throws the body in to fat storing mode. When I do eat sugar, its usually for desert. If I eat sugar on an empty stomach, I get the shakes later from low sugar as my body fat cells(what I have left of them) & liver absorb it all too quickly and I get the shakes.

I think too much surgar in a diet throws the body out of wack with the constant insulin rushes. Maybe a person gets addicted to the mood highs they get off the sweets so when they suddenly cut the sweets out, they'll feel slightly depressed till thier bodies re-adjust and even back out.

For me, I find myself binging out of control when I dip my hands in salty nuts like almonds and pastachios. At least those things are good for me. Salty chips will do the same. For me salt increases cravings so I attempt to stay away.

Isn't it amazing at how conteously we know what we're doing is bad for us but it seems we are a prisoner to our subconteous feelings and desires or we're just not strong enough to over come it. Our conteous minds are sencible and understanding but our subconteous mind seems to get tunnel vision as to what it wants and will do what ever it takes to achieve that goal... even if it kills us. I have better uses for such will power if I could just tap into it.

Oryan
Oryan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote