Thread: my inner critic
View Single Post
ladytiger
Poohbah

Member Since Jun 2012
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 26, 2014 at 02:47 AM

I struggle with this too. My inner critic is having way too many dialogues about things from the past until now. I am still working on things for myself and my lousy ex-therapist never really helped me with the inner critic just figure it out for myself. She told me to speak to my inner critic and today, I kinda froze when I was trying to explain to an employee what I was seeking. I sound so monotone and not confident and then the other day I was realizing as when I was a kid, I had no worries could easily speak and still can't seem to give good eye contract always turning my head away.

I feel a lot of things are wrong with me. I have been looking online on communication and still can't find what I am looking for. I refuse to go back to see another therapist, had 3 failed ones now and don't wanna be wasting my time getting into ridiculous arguments all because they can't control me with their dogmas! I do a lot of comparing myself to others, I just want the "old me" back not this scared person that I am now.

I know what caused this problem and was told be kinder to yourself, how is that helping me build social skills? How about a teacher to guide me? I don't know...but I am trying to do some things on my own yet too much conversation and then I give up. May be I am looking for a magic pill or something, I am doing all of this practice yet I am still down in the dumps.

My head is so overcrowded with thoughts and so overwhelmed so exhausted....
ladytiger is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote