Magnate

Member Since Jul 2013
3,745 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 27, 2014 at 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disorder7 View Post
Me too, Erti. I was Wiccan for many years.

Is it really that different from Christians and their beliefs?
I don't think it relies specifically on the religion, as much as the degree of the religious belief. I don't really find religion a good basis of judgement for delusional thoughts anyways though.

I'm a "Schizotypal" (and I honestly don't know what part of my thoughts are 'odd beliefs' because my thoughts makes perfect sense to me, but I diverse...). Anyways, I am a Christian, but I think I have pretty concrete thinking. However there are days where I seem to start to link everything to God (like instead of a prayer of thanks for my food, i'll pray for my arms to eat my food, and then that starts a spiral of thanks) and that's when I have to take a step back and decide where i'm at on that delusional line. I get into a battle with my thoughts of "Yay, i'm becoming a devout Christian" vs. "Would I sound obsessed/delusional to someone else right now because i'm linking everything to God?"

I have a family member who believes that God married her in a dream and she is the called one. To some Christians, this may seem like an awesome revelation while to me, that seems like magical thinking but like SometimesPsychotic, I'm sure she has other diagnosable symptoms of her own that would factor in so I'm not sure she'd necessarily be diagnosed w St.

Thanks for this!
Secretum, Sometimes psychotic