Trippin2.0
Legendary

Member Since May 2010
600 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 29, 2014 at 07:14 PM

Omw do I know how you feeeel!

My bf as well as random strangers in bars and whatnot also like to play "guess her age".
He thinks its hilarious simply because I'm a year older than him. But its not so hilarious when I'm not wearing heels in public, because he's scared people will mistake him for a paedophile...

I eventually decided to be clever instead of annoyed at bars and clubs... started cashing in on it, easy free drinks. Haha!

I was never actually worried about being stunted though, just thought I got all the leftover genes or all the recessive ones? Idk

What I do know, is that my looks had me feeling odd and unnatural. Because everyone whom I grew up with, looks older and wider except me. I still fit into the same size clothing I did when I was 15.
I don't have a large chest nor am I any kind of voluptuous, like my family members. I'm tiiiny. Just over 5 feet tall, my small chest is even smaller after breastfeeding, and I wear the smallest size adult clothing on the market. Not only that but yes, I have an extremely young face too. I used to "joke" that I look like a prepubescant boy...

Not only do I still get funny looks and get asked for my ID all the time, (I'll be 30 this Friday) I get scathing looks when introducing my 10y.o daughter!

That's thee worst! People immediately assuming that I was pregnant at age 10.

Oh and what else is a nightmare?
Every initial Parent-Teacher meeting!

Anyway... enough about that.

I didn't resort to dressing more conservatively, or like an old lady by any means, but I did manage to find some chic dresses to add to my wardrobe (loving jeans and denim shorts doesn't help my plight) which helps me look a bit more mature.

Then last year April I did the ultimate thing to help me and for the very first time, chopped off all my lonnng girly locks and got this chic, sexy haircut, that's in no way babyish or old lady like!

I'm never growing my hair again! The difference it made is astounding, everyone (who knows I struggled with looking too young) has commented on how more mature I look, even though I still don't look my age.
At any rate, I figure its an improvement to pass for 20 instead of being mistaken for 15.

Oh joy my self-esteem has been found, and I'm loving it all the way.

FTR, I don't think you stunted your growth, yes maybe you could've had a bigger chest (many female athletes never become boobylicious) but I doubt you stunted and damaged anything.

My unsolicited advice?
Find a happy medium, a look that accentuates your femininity and sensuality without being frumpy. At the same time, try enjoying the fact that you have awesome genes and celebrate the fact that you're aging like a fine wine instead of milk!

DXD BP1, BPD & OCPD

"The best way to make it through with hearts and wrists in tact, is to realise, two out of three aint bad" FOB...
Trippin2.0 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
IrisBloom