AppalachianAxis

Member Since Sep 2012
45 hugs
given
Default Jul 29, 2014 at 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankbtl View Post
Hi AppalachianAxis
What about a back up plan for if you do get to the freaking out stage, and then you won't have to worry (as much!! ) about that bit any more??
So, a deal??? If you do get to that stage, what about coming back to us and talking about it?? And I for one would be only too happy to be telling you- it's alright, it's not abnormal in any way, there's nothing wrong with it, it doesn't need to change in the slightest who you are, all that kind of stuff because I believe it!!!
What do you think, maybe a plan???

Alison
Maybe a plan! Thank you for your continued support, I think I might just do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifst5 View Post
I haven't read the previous responses to your thread in the hope of using my own instincts to reply to your concern. It seems that with a problem such as yours, logic isn't all that helpful. I mean if we look at the facts:

a) You know that sexual urges serve an important biological function.
b) You know that there are many hundreds of thousands of single/partnered/married heterosexual men who regularly use dildos as part of maintaining their sexual health.
c) You know that there is no obligation for you to keep or indeed, even use the dildo.

So with all this in mind, it's obvious to me, as an outsider, that this issue is caused by a deeply rooted emotional response to thoughts and behaviours whose origin your therapist is no doubt helping you discover. To that end, i would advise you proceed with this idea under the guidance of your therapist. I don't know if they've already been informed but it is my hope that they would be able to provide you with continued support and assistance. I hope we here can continue to help you in our own way. All the best to you.
You really hit the nail on the head, you did. Yup, it's an emotional issue, one that flies in the face of pure logic. I've simply always felt terribly guilty about this sort of thing, and while I did find using a toy physically enjoyable, it rendered me an emotional wreck afterwards.
But, as you guessed, I have been working on these issues with a therapist. And I am determined to try and employ the new frame of mind I am being taught to approach different aspects of my own sexual desires step by step. This, buying a toy again, being the next step. The urges aren't going anywhere after all.
Thank you very much for taking the time for such an insightful response, I really appreciate it and will absolutely take what you've said seriously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illegal Toilet View Post
Maybe just buy a cucumber, wrap it in plastic for protection and then have sex with it.

Then if someone finds a cucumber in your room it's no big deal.
I've, uh, tried that before
For one thing, there's just something about the shape of a toy made for that expressed purpose that I find much more enjoyable. For another, a cucumber would go bad quick hiding in my room, don't you think?
AppalachianAxis is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote