View Single Post
ImNotHere

Member Since Feb 2014
52 hugs
given
Default Jul 30, 2014 at 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -jimi- View Post
I asked my mom, she said the consensus is that girls are easier. LOL.

I don't think any of that is true. It's either the nature of the child, no mattering the gender, or the expectations you have on the kid.
I agree with this completely. I really hate questions like these, I hate people that compare their children by saying which one was easier to raise. I believe this can be hurtful to the "difficult" child. All children have their challenges, all people are different and have different personalities. There is no direct answer for this because like the person above said it depends on the nature of the child and your expectations. I don't think it is fair to judge either way or to even say that one child was easier or better in some ways. There are wonderful things about raising both girls and boys and I think it truly depends on how you view things instead of being biased towards one gender. Some kids are more emotional, need more attention, get cranky faster, need more comfort and understanding, does that make them difficult? I don't think so, I think that every child is unique. Like I said, I absolutely hate when parents compare one gender to the other, or one child to the other, on which one is more difficult to raise. Raising all children no matter the gender is difficult, and I think it is hurtful to say one child is more "difficult" than the other.

“I'm so good at beginnings, but in the end I always seem to destroy everything, including myself.”

“I told her once I wasn’t good at anything. She told me survival is a talent.”
ImNotHere is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
jimmy rich

Thanks for this!
Onward2wards