BDPpartner
Veteran Member

Member Since Apr 2012
90 hugs
given
Chat Aug 03, 2014 at 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfox View Post
I might be the only woman in the world who thinks it's weird to do so, and here's why.

Breasts can be used to feed, yes. But breasts are also used to turn women on. Man, woman, whatever your preference, when you're in a sexual act breasts play a key role in turning someone else on, and turning you on. And then, to turn around and engage in the same act for feeding your child.. doesn't that seem wrong? And maybe I'm ignorant, maybe your hormones change and when you have a baby, your breasts don't stimulate you like they have done in the past.. but my guess is they still do, and when you're engaging your child in that activity.. it's almost like engaging in sexual act with your baby.
You're entitled to your opinion just as I am entitled to mine and as neither of us have had children we can only theorise what the sensation will be for us.

But we also have to respect the decision made by other whether that's to breast or bottle fed; if you find it offensive and inappropriate when a woman is breast feeding in public then just be respectful and move away away.

Oh and one last thing there is a 3rd option to feeding baby. Breast milk can be expressed and then bottle fed to little one. My friend who recently had a premature baby had to do this for the first few wks, it gave the baby the important first milk which helped him thrive but it also allowed Dad to bond too. Maybe this would be more acceptable for you nightfox