View Single Post
AppalachianAxis

Member Since Sep 2012
45 hugs
given
Default Aug 04, 2014 at 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankbtl View Post
Hi Appalachian, re: the guilt- could you print out some of the replies on here and (after you've got it!! ) if the guilt came up then just refer back to them, could help a little???
Or write down each of your thoughts/concerns as they may come into your head- and next to them something to counteract them e.g. if there are other people NOT judging me why be so hard on myself, so who am I harming.................even (!!) well at least it's not a cucumber . Then refer back to that and keep reminding yourself of..................
And a wild thought........even give it a name if it helps
But this: "That would be a lot of money wasted in a moment of clouded thinking" it isn't clouded thinking is it??!! . I'd say that this is the part of you that wants to break through, away from the prejudices out there, maybe?? Perhaps it's more them that are clouding your thinking??
And even make a deal/promise with yourself, if you feel like throwing it away, you're going to wait for one week (??) before you make that decision.
And in that time- you're back to us, feeling better about it and challenging those thoughts of..........again until you get that there's nothing wrong with it/you and feel good about yourself just the way you are And why not??!!!!

Alison
Thank you again, I may do just that. I KNOW, from a standpoint of logic, that everything I've been told here is true. That it's OK, that it's normal, that I'm not hurting anyone, etc. It's just that the emotional plummet I often feel can be very strong, and it overcomes logical reasoning. However, if I had the restraint to wait a week before making any decision.... that could work

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzz bee View Post
Did you ever think this post would get so much feed back.
I really really didn't lol. But as I keep saying, I really do appreciate all the feedback, even if a lot of it is cucumber jokes!
AppalachianAxis is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote